Last few places left: if you have registered and cannot make it, please inform us via your Peatix registration acknowledgment email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s been seven long years since our last tour of Bukit Brown – once described as the largest Chinese cemetery outside China! Much has changed and indeed the Lornie Highway now runs right through it.
We have the privilege of being shown around on this tour by journalist-on-sabbatical Lee Chyen Yee and lawyer Fabian Tee! Make this a family-and-friends outing and join us for a tour unlike others!
Bukit Brown heritage tour: Crazy-rich Asians in colonial Singapore
If you think Crazy Rich Asians is recent, wait till you find out how they lived once upon a time in Singapore. With old money and new wealth, they filled the pages of the Tatlers of their days with their opulent weddings and lavish birthday bashes. Many spent huge money on glam and glory, while others threw money at causes that changed societies and countries.
Come join us at Bukit Brown to hear stories of how they found their pot of gold, lived unbelievable lifestyles and spent like no tomorrow. A drug lord who sheltered desolate women, a lady who received a Rolls Royce just for graduating and a couple who had birds flying out of their wedding cake are just a few stories among many others in store for you. It was a wild time – for some!
Register by 15 Oct to secure your spot or until the 30 places run out!
Saturday 19 Oct
Bukit Brown Cemetery – meet at the platform at the start of Block 1 (see detailed instructions and photo below)
VP, Singapore Press Club
Please take note:
1. We will be walking through the undergrowth so dress appropriately, especially your footwear.
2. Wear light breathable clothing. Long pants and long sleeves if you are prone to insect bites or sunburn. Bring sunblock and natural insect repellent.
3. Wear comfortable non-slip shoes as safety is important. Walking sticks are recommended.
4. Do read up on Bukit Brown before going so you have a better understanding of the place (e.g. BukitBrown.com)
5. Do bring water, light snacks, poncho/umbrella, sunhat and waterproof your electronics.
6. Please go to the toilet before coming. There are NO facilities anywhere there or nearby