Welcome to Singapore Press Club Golf League. The League among golfing club members was launched at our 2012 tournament on 23 August. Since than, the club and our Golf Convenor has spent time to plan regular golf networking events, the Singapore Press Club Golf Classic (an annual key event), a regional trip and Quarterly Diplomat Challenge games during each calendar year. If you still have not signed up to join the Golf League, you can still do so and take part.
SPC Golf League and Diplomats Challenge 2019 (Game 2) was held on 7 May 2019, Tuesday at Keppel Club. Playing in this 115 years old Golf Club and challenging course was 6 Ambassadors to Singapore namely H.E. Ngurah Swajaya (Indonesia), H.E. Dato’ Zainol Rahim Zainuddin (Malaysia), H. E. James Sinclair Manley (Chile), HE Eric Niclas Kvarnström (Sweden), HE Dr. Ulrich A. Sante (Germany), H.E. Luis Lorvao (Portugal) and H.E. Scott Wightman (UK). Singapore Press Club team was led by Mr. Patrick Daniel (SPC President), Ms Janet Wee (SPC Golf Convenor /SPH), Ms Amy Ho (SPH), Mr Spencer Robinson (Asia Golf Industry Federation, Chief Communications Officer), Sivam Kumar Mangaleswaran, Associate Director Talent Insight Executive Search, Tarun Deo, Managing Director, Golin.
It was a good morning golf game and both sides fought hard. The event ended on a good note – all square for the challenge. After the event, players had a good lunch joined by H.E. Jun Yamazaki (Japan), H.E. Ahn Young-jip (Korea) and Mr. KS Ng (MD, Manroland Goss, Singapore). It was great golf, good fun, interesting conversations and lots of delicious Keppel Club signature dishes to savour. Pictures attached
Singapore Press Club – CIMB Preferred Golf Classic 2019. Check in for more details on how to sign up and join us for an afternoon tee off and dinner event on Friday, 5th July 2019. Contact the secretariat if you did not receive the email invite to sign up.
Singapore Press Club – CIMB Golf Classic 2018
SINGAPORE PRESS CLUB GOLF LEAGUE RULES
Modified System 36″ format for the Press Club Golf League
- The league will be played over the course of 12 months starting from the 2012 Press Club annual tournament on 23 August, 2012. followed by an estimated 6 rounds of play locally or overseas.
- To compete in the league, a Golf League member must play at least four rounds. The best four scores will be used to compute his or her total Stableford points for the year.
- The Modified System 36 system will use, for each round, either the System 36 handicap for that round or the player’s declared official handicap, adjusted for the course, whichever is the lower. The Stableford score will then be computed using the lower of the two.
- For overseas golfing trips, each player’s average Stableford score for that trip will be included in the golf league scores. (Note: The same Modified System 36 will be used for future Press Club overseas trips, starting from the Kota Kinabalu trip in Nov.)
- The winner of the 2012/13 Singapore Press Club Golf League will be the player with the highest total Stableford score, using his or her best four rounds.